[Zope] - What constitutes a transaction?

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 17:57:39 -0600 (CST)

Paul Everitt wrote:

> > and restart it, these changes are still there. My added methods have
> > effect that is forgotten at shutdown, and they don't show up
> > in the Undo
> > list. I have another Product where my added methods do work correctly.
>
> If the things that you change aren't Persistent, then the transaction
> manager isn't notified that state has changed.  For instance, if you're

This is obviously where having been a Principia rather than Bobo user
gets me into trouble :^)

> method changes an attribute that is a standard Python dictionary, then
> the transaction manager doesn't see it.

Aha. I read through the Bobo stuff, and now I think I understand. Looks
like I've just been getting lucky so far!