[Zope] - win95 TCP/IP

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 06:44:14 -0600

I want to develop Zope apps on my Win95 notebook computer without being
connected to the Internet. When I do so, I get the following message:

  File "C:\Temp\Paul's Site/lib/python1.5\BaseHTTPServer.py", line 97,
in server_bind
    hostname, hostnames, hostaddrs = socket.gethostbyaddr(host)
socket.error: host not found

I think that on WinNT there was some kind of loopback adapter I could
install. I can't find an equivalent for Windows 95.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Sports utility vehicles are gated communities on wheels" - Anon