[Zope] - Bug in sample product?

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@Digicool.com
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:06:10 -0500

The Dragon De Monsyne wrote:

>         There's either a small bug in SampleProduct, or my zope install is
> loopy.
>
> I had to change this:
>

> > from Globals import HTMLFile, MessageDialog
> > import OFS.SimpleItem, Persistence,  Acquisition, AccessControl.Role
> >

> to this:
>
> <
> < from Globals import HTMLFile, MessageDialog
> < from BoboPOS import Persistence

Globals does this import so that you can do:

  from Globals import Persistence

the advantage of this is that it will not break
when we move to the thing FKA BoboPOS3.  FKA BoboPOS3
will have a package name.  Globals will be changed to use
the new package name and applications that get persistence from
Globals won't have to change.

A possible better alternative would be to create a separate
Persistence module (or package) that exports Persistent and
PersistentMapping.  I'm kind-of leaning toward this second
approach.

> < import OFS.SimpleItem,  Acquisition, AccessControl.Role
> <
>
>         ... in sample/Product.py to get things to work.
>
>         -The Dragon De Monsyne

Right.  The sample product hasn't been updated for Zope yet. :(

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.