[Zope] - NT/Apache problems

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:43:26 +0100

Hi there,

I'm trying to get Zope (latest binary release for win32) working on
Windows NT, using Apache 1.3.3.

When trying to get to Zope with the URL:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/Zope.exe/manage

I get the following message:

The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable - please try again
later.

So I wander over to the troubleshooting guide on the Zope web page, and
happily find this error is mentioned. Unfortunately, the text there
applies to Unix mostly (which I'm unfortunately not able to use for this
project), and doesn't seem to help with my NT problem.

When I go to the Services, Zope is in the listing. It isn't Started,
though, and when I try to start it it gives the following error:

Error 0002: The system cannot find the file specified.

I'm assuming the Zope.exe in the cgi-bin dir tries to start the Zope
service when first called, but it fails, and this produces the Service
not available message?

As adviced by the troubleshooting doc, I looked at the source of this
page for info on the error. Here it is:

Pipe connect failed

The troubleshooting doc mentioned trying to start the file
pcgifile.py to test things. This file doesn't appear to be included by
the Win32 binary installation of Zope (nor the subdir Util under pcgi
the doc mentions it should be in).

The doc says this:

On Windows NT platforms, check the event log under "Application
Log" for error information.

I'm a new to NT and Zope, and I couldn't find this. Where can I find
Application Log?

Note that I'm a poor newbie! I'm new to Zope, Apache, and NT (but not to
Python). I did get Apache working as a service on NT though, and I got
the cgi-bin directory configured, I think (otherwise I wouldn't see this
message). I also previously got Zope working on a Win95 box, with Zope's
built-in web server.

Newbie now; hopefully getting up to speed quickly! I hope someone can
help me with this problem.

Thanks for your attention, and regards,

Martijn