[Zope] - [Zope] Editor (was: Zopefying existing websites)

Magnus Lie Hetland Magnus.Hetland@idi.ntnu.no
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 17:01:33 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Ronald Offerman wrote:

> A nice (java) editor would also be nice 8=))

Indeed so... I work with people who don't know (and don't *want* to know)
HTML, and I would like for them to be able to edit the contents of certain
pages without *having* to know HTML... One thought I have had, but have
not yet realized is creating a simple component (like a HTML form text
field) based on JFC (Java Foundation Classes) with a few simple additions,
like italic, bold, headlines and lists. It would basically be a simple
applet with a TextArea and a button bar at the top, with some JavaScript,
enabling it to be used in an HTML form...

Anybody interested in cooperating on (or simply *doing*) this? Could it
perhaps be interesting as a default option in Zope, in addition to the
simple plain-text editor that already exists?

--

  Magnus
  Lie