[Zope] - type codes in Searchable Object Interface

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:29:10 -0500

Ty Sarna wrote:

> The Searchable Object Interface documentation at:
>
> http://www.digicool.com/site/PrincipiaDeveloperPack/SearchableObjectInterface

Keep in mind that this is a pretty rough draft.  It has been useful,
however, for integrating lots of different objects.

> says that fields are types "s", "n", "i", or "d", but doesn't explain
> what these are.  Looking at the b3 ZSQL source, "s" is string, "d" is
> date, "n" is "number", and "i" seems unused.

"i" is integer.  There is also "t" is for "text", specifically mult-line text/

> I though perhaps "n" was for floats and "i" for integers, but since "i"
> is unused, should I use "n" for both?

Sometimes you need to capture the limitation to integers.

I keep expecting the searchable object interface to evolve
a lot in response to needs of better wizards.  This is why
the document hasn't been updated since it's initial version.
Unfortunately, we haven't had much time to work on better
wizards. :(  Suggestions and experiments are welcomed.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.