[Zope] - ODBC on Win32

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 10:39:20 -0500

Brad wrote:
> Reading the README (after zope subsequently fails to start)
> tells me I need sql.dll, perhaps available from the Python.org site.

I believe this was a release mistake on our part.  I grabbed a copy of
sql.dll and added it to the ZODBCDA page with a note explaining it.  I
also downloaded it and tried it here and it worked (just make sure you
go into the Windows Control Panel and add an ODBC source).

If you get it to work, please report back to the list.  Also (subtle
hint) use the Collector for reporting bugs.  It makes it easier for
others to see that a bug is reported.

It appears that we'll have to work harder on testing releases by
creating a machine from scratch.  In this case sql.dll was probably
installed in system32, meaning that our release testing went fine.

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909