[Zope] - Products Control_Panel

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 18:57:14 -0500

Mike Pelletier wrote:

>     I may be missing something terribly obvious and quite well documented, but
> I'm still in the dark...  What is the Products portion of the Control_Panel
> _for_ exactly?

It's for:

  - Seeing what products are installed,

  - Managing "manageable products" (of which there aren't
    many yet. :)

  - Creating new products through the web,

  - Dealing with broken products, uh, like database adapters
    with missing extension modules.

The soon to be released Zope Manager's Guide will actually
document this and there will be a chapter on building
products and creating product distributions through the web.
Stay tuned.

Since Beta 3, I've been working on changing the product management
machinery so that broken products don't prevent Zope from
coming up and so that the products management area provides
access to information for diagnosing product problems.  Look for
this enhancement in tomorrow's release.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.