[Zope] - Ok... I'm really stupid!!!

Michel Pelletier mike@icebox.dlogue.net
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 17:45:44 -0600 (CST)

> Hi,
>
>   I've downloaded the sample and installed it... but what is the mechanism
>   that I use to plug it into the mix?  What type is the new item that I add
>   to activate it...  Also, I expect that once it is grafted in (say as
>   "sample", that I'd get to it via:  "http://mysite.com:9673/sample" right?
>
>   (A README in the tarball would be helpful)..

When you unzip and untar the sample source into your Zope top level dir,
it should install a directory under /lib/python/Products/.  Just restart
your Zope process and you will see the Product in the Control Panel
product management screen.  Now you can add a Sample Product item anywhere
in your Zope folders, if you add a Sample Product to your top level
folder and named it X, it's public interface (the index_html method) URL
will be

http://yoursite.com:9673/x/

and it's manage interface (defined in the source code) is:

http://yoursite.com:9673/x/manage

The URLs wil change sensibly depending on your folder names and where you
add and name the object.

Michel