[Zope] - RESPONSE.headers Help needed

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 18:12:11 +0100 (CET)

On 28 Dec 1998 BScherer@mobile.bam.com wrote:

> I'm using the following:
>
> RESPONSE.headers['Content-Type'] =  "text/csv"
> RESPONSE.headers['Content-Disposition'] = "inline; \
> filename=salesdat.csv"
> RESPONSE.flush()
>
> in an attempt to get the browser to prompt the user to save the file to disk instead of displaying it in the browser.
Which types are saved and which are displayed is browser specific.
In fact, I've had reports that seem to indicate that IE defaults to view
for an unknown type, and NS defaults to saving.

Use something like application/binary or so.

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by