[Zope] - RESPONSE.headers Help needed

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 18:55:16 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Mike Pelletier wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
>
> > In fact, I've had reports that seem to indicate that IE defaults to view
> > for an unknown type, and NS defaults to saving.
> >
> > Use something like application/binary or so.
>
>     Urk.  I hate having to lie about MIME types.  If you are using a
> filesystem which supports MIME types, what the server reports is what the
> browser will save the file as.  Is there any other way to indicate a document
> is to be saved?
Not that I know. I don't remember reading something like this in the the
HTTP/1.1 RFC too.
You could try playing around with JavaScript (perhaps), but that seems
(even if it works) like a worse solution than lying.

(The only OS I know that knows about file types on the FS level is MacOS,
 and it doesn't know MIME types, as HFS predates MIME a bit ;) )

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by