[Zope] - Help inserting into MySQL

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 14:15:41 -0500

> I've been trying to make a simple application that posts news
> onto a news page (ala Slashdot or whatever) and then displays
> it dynamically.  I have gotten the display pages to work
> fine, but I'm having trouble with the Insert page.
>
> When I fill out my form, and insert my data, the data
> actually gets inserted as intended, but I get a "Zope
> Unavailable" error with the following traceback:

> So, what silly (and wrong) thing could I have done to cause
> this error?
>
> Thanks for any help.  So far, this list has been
> exceptionally friendly and helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad Fowler
> (cfowler@fedex.com)

This was a a silly and wrong thing on OUR end. There was a
bug in the DA that caused queries that produced no results
to fail :(

This has been fixed. You can get the ZMySQLDA 1.1.1 release
which includes this fix at:

http://www.zope.org/Download/ZMySQLDA/ZMySQLDA-1.1.1-nonbin.tar.gz

Thanks for the report!

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com