[Zope] - Why I don't think Zope will work for me

Curtis Galloway curtis@pdi.com
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 14:47:04 -0800

Zope is very cool.  Zope has many useful features.  But I believe that storing
most of your useful data inside an opaque object database is a fatal flaw.

I learned through painful experience that having your project data in text
files in a filesystem is a Good Thing.  You can use standard UNIX tools to
manipulate these files.  You can use EMACS or vi or any other tool to edit
them.  And most importantly, you can use CVS or RCS or any other similar tool
for source control.

I just don't see how you can build a large project with multiple developers
using a Netscape browser as your editing tool, unless I'm missing something
very obvious about the way Zope works.

--Curtis