[Zope] - Encryption

Magnus Lie Hetland Magnus.Hetland@idi.ntnu.no
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 15:33:14 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 andreas@mtg.co.at wrote:
[...]
> The problem is, that these ``reasonable'' governments are bullied by
> someone into ``changing'' their minds. (Just read the comments from the
> finish government.)

Where? What are you refering to?

> But happilly, it seems that some Danish diplomat botched it for the EU :)
[...]

I must say I haven't followed any of this, but it sounds interesting... Do
you have a reference or something?

> > sercure ftp, and they are seeking IETF standardization. Mabey we could
> > implement this standard in medusa's ftp server.

> Not a good idea. digicool is located in the most liberated country of the
> world. So it's much better not to have buildin  crypto, much better to
> use external tools, like:
[...]
> Apache-SSL
> rsync/ssh
> CVS/ssh

It still would be nice to have a standard tool that worked with Zope (at
least IMO.) I guess it would be possible to follow the route of pgp and
have two versions etc... No?

And personally -- I usually sit at the machine where the webserver is
located, so it would be very nice to be able to edit the document methods
directly in emacs... (I guess it would be possible to make an emacs-lisp
program that interacted with Zope, but it seems a bit unneccesary...)

--

  Magnus
  Lie