[Zope] URL problems.

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:01:34 -0500

I'm came to this conclusion logicly, as opposed to actually studying
your problem (obviously because I can't reproduce it without a recent
Netscape Server).  You may very well be correct.  This problem has never
been reported however, and your the first user of this server software
we know of.  That's how I came to the conclusion that it might be the
plugin.

> Well, I am a contractor and really don't have that option. I have
tried to
> sell the idea of using Apache here, but they have already bought
massively
> into Netscape. If I cannot get Zope to work, I may end up recommending
> commercial package, at least for this case.

Try using your trick of modifying the URL to add a DTML method, then try
and edit that method putting:

<!--#var REQUEST-->

into it.  I'm curious about some of the values that the server passes
into Zope.

If you can't add a DTML document because of this bug, you can use this
supreme piece of trickery:

First, shut down Zope, then cd to the [Zopedir]/lib/python directory.

Then:

[michel@aldous python]$ echo '<!--#var REQUEST-->' > test.dtml
[michel@aldous python]$ python
Python 1.5.1 (#2, Jan 26 1999, 10:47:10)  [GCC 2.7.2.3] on linux2
>>> f = open('test.dtml')
>>> file = f.read()
>>> import Main
>>> Main.app.manage_addDocument('test', 'This is the title', file)
''
>>> get_transaction().commit()

manage_addDocument's first argument is the document method's id that you
wish to add.

Then, go to http://x.y.z/.../test

This will show you the REQUEST object.

Optionaly if this is too dificult, you can try and make a cgi script
which prints out it's environment that the server creates for the
script.  This might not reproduce the problem if it's nscgiauth's fault,
but if it isn't, we might see something in the cgi process environment.

-Michel