[Zope] subdirectory evasion

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 14:24:42 -0400

Michel Pelletier
Digital Creations, Inc.
Use Zope!  http://www.zope.org/

Yes.  This is a little trick we use to get mailman and cvsweb under our
www.zope.org domain.  For example:

RewriteRule ^/mailman - [l]
RewriteRule ^/pipermail - [l]
RewriteRule ^/stats - [l]
RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin - [l]
RewriteRule ^/icons - [l]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/(.*) .../$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

The ... is the absolute path to our Zope.cgi.  Each of the preceding
RewriteRules before the big one trap out any requests.  The - means
don't rewrite anything.  The special magic is the 'l' flag.  This means
not to procede any further with any other rules.

Of course, this means we can't ever see a 'mailman' object we create in
our Zope root folder.  No loss.

-Michel