[Zope] [Beginner question] Date last revised

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 18:33:12 +0100

> Hello,
>
> What way is there to refer to the last-modified date of a Zope document,
> from within it?  Since it's displayed on the management page for a
> document, I'm sure it's accessible somehow, but so far guessing at names to
> use in
>
>         <!--#var document-last-modified-->
>
> hasn't gotten me anywhere, and I don't see it listed in Properties.  Am I
> overlooking it in one of those lists in the User Guide?
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Mitch Marks

This from something I sent to the FAQ....

How do I get todays date displayed?

Use
<!--#var ZopeTime-->
to get a raw output, eg '1999/03/26 12:05:17.0425 GMT'

all the custom formats in Appendix A of the DTML users guide are
recognised so that

<!--#var ZopeTime fmt=aCommon--> yields
Mar 26, 1999 12:05 pm

...for last modified date, change ZopeTime to bobobase_modification_time
(honest!).

hth
Tone.