[Zope] Puzzled by BoboPOS

Jan Decaluwe jand@easics.be
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 10:34:38 +0200

Pavlos Christoforou wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Jan Decaluwe wrote:
>
> > be in the db, as only 1 can be reached from the root object
> > at any time. Instead, I noticed that obsolete Timestamp
> > instances are still present. Can someone tell me why?
>
> The code describes a container object that holds only one timestamp. How
> are the additional timestamp objects added in your container?
>
> Pavlos

They are not. By subsequent calls of the published method "stamp",
the single timestamp object in the container is overridden by
a newly created one.

However, all timestamps are added to the BoboPOS db on disk.
This is also as expected, because the db is a multiple revision db.

My problem is that after a pack operation on the BoboPOS db, the
non-current timestamps are *still* present in the db, even though
they don't seem to be reachable from the root Container object.
As a result, the db keeps growing, while I would expect it to
have a constant size (after a pack).

Jan

Jan Decaluwe	          ===              Easics               ===
Design Manager            ===  VHDL-based ASIC design services  ===
Fax: +32-16-395 619	 Interleuvenlaan 86, B-3001 Leuven, BELGIUM
mailto:jand@easics.be              http://www.easics.com