[Zope] Has anyone tried authentication accross multiple serve rs?

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:37:17 -0400

> I've tried using cookie authentication with UserDB but so far
> can not get it
> to work. Everytime I try to login in it presents me with the
> normal basic
> authentication header. I believe this maybe something to do
> with permissions
> but so far can't figure it out. I am using IIS4 and have
> turned of basic
> authentication.

The first thing to do here is to make sure that it is really
Zope causing the authentication challenge, or if it is IIS4.
You need to have _all_ authentication off in IIS and permissions
set to allow "everybody" to run the zope cgi.

Can you log into Zope using the superuser name and password?
If not, then IIS is attempting to handle authentication itself...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909