[Zope] Zope site's sidebar

Oliver Giller giller@genius.rider.edu
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 19:12:54 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Zopesers,

I have been directing the zope.org site to learn more about the cool
things that Zope can do. I have always learned best by example, and I am
so glad that they have that view DTML link at the bottom.

I have run across two areas that I am not sure how things are done.

One is the sidebar on the zope site, it is the menu and News column that
runs down the left hand side. What is a sidebar_contents, is it a object
type, a folder, or something else?
Also what is a sequence-item, is it value stored in a sidebar_contents?
The other part of the sidebar that I had a question about was the
News.Headlines function, can someone give me an idea of how it works?

 The code to the side bar can be viewed here:
      http://www.zope.org/dtml_source?path=/sidebar

The second thing that I had a question about was the navbar that runs
across the top of each page. Is that a static element stored in the
highest folder of the different sections or dynamicly created?

Thanks for all you help Zopesers.....

Oliver Giller

--
Oliver Giller                           Finance Major
http://www1.rider.edu/~giller/          giller@rider.edu