[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] RE: No Access file found.

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 07:58:13 -0700 (PDT)

> > Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
> >
> > OK. Allow me to clarify. Is there any way to redirect the
> > path for the
> > 'access' path when it should be somewhere other than
> > INSTANCE_HOME? Say,
> > for example, I have multiple instances of Zope databases,
> > with one Zope
> > install, and I want to use a single superuser, or access
> > file. Not what
> > Im' doing, but closer to a mebbe-real-world use. As far as I
> > can tell,
> > Zope wants 'access'  located at '../INSTANCE_HOME'. Any
> > ideas? Or am I
> > just wrong (And/Or, that is).
> >

> 'fraid to tell ya that INSTANCE_HOME is hard wired into the code.  We're
> not likely to change that lest we want to get the 'evil eye of Jim'.
> But seriously, it is a pretty good idea to have something like this in
> one place, for us at least, not you.
>
> I cannot therefore recommend that you modify your Zope.  I also cannot
> recommend that you would modify it in lib/python/AccessControl/User.py
> in the Super class around line 270 or so.

I've been meaning to bug you guys (DC) about this. Some how, and I'm not
really sure how it happened, maybe it was hard drive glitch or something like
that caused a line in _my_ lib/python/AccessControl/User.py to change from
 f=open('%s/access' % INSTANCE_HOME, 'r') to
 f=open('%s/access' % SOFTWARE_HOME, 'r')
and ever since that happened I've been able to manage multiple instances
of zope, each with their own database, with one superuser account. Oh and
I belived the access file moved to zope/lib/python as well, must be
related to that same hard drive glitch I was talking about. It was freaky,
but turned out to be really useful if you know what I mean.

- Scott Robertson             Phone: 714.972.2299 -
- CodeIt Computing            Fax:   714.972.2399 -
-                http://codeit.com                -