[Zope] strange behavior - apache+Zope [Q]

Bruno Mattarollo brunomadv@ciudad.com.ar
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:49:14 -0300

Hi!

	I have just installed Zope 1.10.2 on my SparcStation10 Solaris 2.5.1 ... It
installed perfect (no errors). I am using Apache 1.3.3 (compiled on my
machine) ... Python 1.5.1 ... well, I think that are all the env vars in
relation with Zope ... Ah! gcc 2.8.1

	I added the corresponding corrections to the httpd.conf and access.conf of
my Apache. I can access the http://my.site.com/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/ without
trouble... I get asked for a user and password but anyway I can access this
area. But when I try to access the manage section I get always access
denyed, I have the same username in my access and my ru_user file (from
apache's htaccess) ... I changed the permissions on the ./var/ ... checked
the Zope.cgi ...

	I have added the following lines to my Apache conf files:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/Zope.cgi/(.*) /usr/local/apache/share/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

(the last is one line :-)

What I am doing wrong?

Excuse my english ...

Cheers,