[Zope] zope under nt w/ ie5 as client

Karl & Mel llwo@dbtech.net
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 06:21:58 -0500

From: Martijn Pieters <mj@antraciet.nl>
> At 21:31 12/04/99 , Karl Putland wrote:
> > Had zope working GREAT under nt with ie4 as browser.  Did the upgrade to
ie5
> > and now cannot access the management screens.  The following error is
> > displayed.  Zope still works for ie4 from other machines.  Any Ideas?
>
> This is a bug in the combination of IIS 4.0 and IE5.0. Even though I
> reported it as a bug with IE5.0 Beta, MS didn't fix it in the final
version
> of IE5.0.
> The only solution is using Netscape Navigator, or not using IIS 4.0 as
your
> server.

Not sure what the problem really was. :-( but it started working after I
mucked with the security settings in IIS and ie5.  So am happy now.  I was
able to finish work on the Copy/Move functionality for Confera :-)  Still
got some work to do on it but IT WORKS!  enough... thats for the other list.
As near as I can figure I think it is the ie5 "nice" error pages or the
intranet secuity settings that prevented the authentication.  Maybe its time
to give up ie for NS or Grail ;-)

Karl Putland.
llwo@dbtech.net
webmaster@cabinetvision.com