[Zope] Feature requests and questions

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:45:05 -0400

To add a bit of step-back view to my prior response

Andrew Wooldridge wrote:

> Here is a smattering of feature requests:
>
> 1) Have an install that automatically installs a default webserver
that
> will run as a background process
> 2) have a feature rich install that has all the messaging, ftp, etc.
> packages pre-installed so users can just run it
> 3) an easier way to install new packages - like just clicking
"install"
> 4) Port Zope to mac!!
> 5) Improve the admin interface with useful functions like "export site
> to HTML"
> 6) implement XML-RPC between two zope servers
> 7) implement a mailing list from within Zope
>
> 8) Product requests:
> [...]

The are all appealing, and many are valuable, ideas.  Part of the
problem we're trying to address in the zope community is having a way to
organize the terrific stuff people produce, so we can all really exploit
the potential the the system *and* the community, together, offers.
This concern is, in a substantial part, behind our efforts for better
community-site mechanisms in the "new zope.org" project.  Ever onwards,

Ken Manheimer
klm@digicool.com