[Zope] ANNOUNCE: ZServer 1.0b1 release

Amos Latteier Amos@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:38:38 -0400

Hello Zopistas:

I am happy to announce the first beta release of ZServer, the next
generation internet information server for Zope.

  http://www.zope.org/Download/ZServer

This release totally changes the internal response queue architecture,
and fixes lots of bugs. There aren't really many new features to speak
of except that things work better, FTP seems pretty stable, and PCGI
should now be usable. If you're using the latest Zope from CVS you can
even do WebDAV!

For more details checkout the README and CHANGES files

  http://www.zope.org/Download/ZServer/README.txt
  http://www.zope.org/Download/ZServer/CHANGES.txt

Unfortunately ZServer is still not really fit for normal human
consumption. Why? Because it requires manual installation and an
unreleased version of ZPublisher. But that shouldn't be enough to stop a
curious Zope hacker. For those of you without the ability or desire to
get CVS running, I've included a recent snapshot of ZPublisher. Also
there's a new INSTALL.txt document, and the Medusa configuration script
is heavily commented. So what are you waiting for?

As always I'd love to hear your coherent bug reports. Report them to the
Collector. I'm especially interested in PCGI problems, weird FTP client
problems, and HTTP 1.1 problems.

http://www.zope.org/Collector/developer_input?PProduct=ZServer&version=1
.0b1

Have fun!