[Zope] standard error msg

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:08:32 -0400

John,
	standard_error_message is only called when the error is raised
in  the object database.  If the browser requests an object that doesn't
exist, ZPublisher raises it's own error.  This is compounded by the fact
that pcgi has a whole slew of *real* pretty error messages that have an
even more interesting "format". :)

It is generaly agreed that the Module that ZPublisher publishes should
define hook methods when ZPublisher encounters various error conditions
in the context of the protocol being used  (for example, in XML-RPC,
what sense does '404' make and who cares about a pretty formated HTML
response?). This is where even we get confused.

Do I hear the sound of a volunteer?

:)

-Michel