[Zope] File size

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@rice.edu
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:30:45 -0500

Shaw, Howard wrote:

> I am speaking of the EXT2FS limitation of 2 gig per file. I would expect
> to reach it long before reaching a 2 billion object limit. Will ZODB3 be
> separable?

> > From:         Michel Pelletier[SMTP:michel@digicool.com]

> > introduction
> > of ZODB3 (formerly know as BoboPOS).  In addition to introducing
> > multiple stores and threadability, the 2 billion object restriction

I think Michel answer this the first time? I wonder if it will auto
extend, though, the way big databases do - PostgreSQL just fixed it's
multifile table problem in the current beta, so tables can go over one
file now, so are effectively unlimited in size. It'd be nice if the
ZODB3 had similar fuctionality.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer