[Zope] Feature requests and questions

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:12:32 -0700

Ken Manheimer wrote:

> To add a bit of step-back view to my prior response
>
> The are all appealing, and many are valuable, ideas.  Part of the
> problem we're trying to address in the zope community is having a way to
> organize the terrific stuff people produce, so we can all really exploit
> the potential the the system *and* the community, together, offers.
> This concern is, in a substantial part, behind our efforts for better
> community-site mechanisms in the "new zope.org" project.  Ever onwards,

With an eye towards functionality that would be appropriate for a
community site, I would like to add my requests:

1) A collabarative filtering product (useful for creating features such
as Amazon.com's BookMatcher or for implementing matchmaking on a
personals site)

2)A collaborative directory product equivalent to the Open Directory
Project (I would add the ability to mirror sections of dmoz.org, or at
least be able to import them. they use RDF for export) with the added
capability - through Zope-to-Zope XML-RPC - to distribute and share the
directory dynamically among a number of sites.

3) a calendar product - one that lets users customize their view, as
well as set up groups to share common events. (this could then be
incorporated into the workflow product)

4) some simple e-commerce products (such as Amazon.com and
BarnesandNoble.com affiliate link objects)

I'll add some more as I think of them.

Michael Bernstein.