[Zope] publishing question

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 03:08:27 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:37:59 -0400,
Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com> said:

Michel> Oh, I didn't go into details enough. ;) Using ange-ftp for emacs
Michel> (actually I use EFS and xEmacs) you can make your Zope look just
Michel> like a filesystem, visit files, use indented-text-mode for
Michel> structured text (a lifesaver!) and DTML (HTML model doesn't work
Michel> well with DTML, rumor has it someone out there is writing a DTML
Michel> mode for emacs).  xEmacs can even be used to look at images.

Michel> For example, if you had ZServer running and it's FTP listening
Michel> on port 8021, the you would just (C-x C-f)
Michel> '/username@my.machine.com#8021/' and you'll get a Dired of the
Michel> top level of the Zope tree.

Cool... I've never used ange-ftp much, but this is a good opportunity. I
use regular emacs 19 or 20. What version of ange-ftp are you using?

I can FTP with '/username@my.machine.com:/' but cannot get it to parse
the odd port number 8021 and don't see where to manually set it in
ange-ftp.el.

I tried
'/username@my.machine.com#8021:/'
'/username@my.machine.com:8021:/'
'/username@my.machine.com#8021/' etc.

It sees everything except the port number.

Also, I don't think I have ZServer set up correctly. I had been running
this as a PCGI thus far. I now want to switch to ZServer. I untarred
ZPublisher-990415 into /usr/share/zope/lib/python then edited and ran
start.py.

Do I need to clean things up and rebuild Zope now, or is it OK as is?
Can someone nudge me back on course?

% telnet zope.swcp.com 8021
 Trying 198.59.115.167...
 Connected to cobalt.swcp.com.
 Escape character is '^]'.
 220 zope.swcp.com FTP server (Medusa Async V1.2 [experimental]) ready.
 USER zope
 331 Password required.
 PASS xxxxxx
 230 Login successful.
 LIST
 550 Could not list directory.

visiting http://zope.swcp.com:9673/

I see just: <module 'Main'>

What should be in MODULE='' in start.py?

TIA!

Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA