[Zope] Help me to be zennish

Tom Deprez Tom.Deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:15:00 +0200

Hi,

I'm reading through the documents, but I've some problems getting the Zen :

In the document 'Zen of HTML methods' you tell :

Folders provide a rendering context for Documents. When you view a
document, you are viewing it within the context of its folder. (Rendering
Context)
--> This means, in my opinion, Documents, inherite the layout (or the
variables) of the folder they are in.

But then :

A Document is a lens through which the Zope object system can be viewed.
(Documents are Templates)
--> But as a document inherites from a folder... then isn't the folder the
lens through .... (hack, probably my bad english which is giving me problems)

Tom.