[Zope] Changing contents of a file

Martin Dougiamas martin@complex.curtin.edu.au
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:42:51 +0800 (WST)

OK, I'm going nuts trying to get this to work.

What I want to do is to replace the contents of a HTML file with
the contents of a variable I have, using DTML, in a similar
way to that way the Zope manager Edit tab does it.  Seems simple
enough, but every combination I try seems to fail.

The object reference is fairly minimalist which makes it difficult
to work out how to use all these methods, and I can't find any
DTML examples.

Do I use manage_upload or manage_edit?
How do I reference a file called "myfile.html"?

eg:  (my latest non-working code)

<!--#with "_.getitem('content.html')"-->
   <!--#call manage_upload(REQUEST.newcontent)-->

Cheers,
Martin
--
### Martin Dougiamas -- Internet Agent          is == i see
### Centre for Educational Advancement