[Zope] organizational questions

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:32:33 +0200

Paul Everitt wrote:
[snip DTML discussion]

> I agree that this inconsistency is confusing, as are things like
> sequence-item outside an expression and sequence_item inside an
> expression.  Perhaps if we do a major overhaul of DTML (e.g. changing it
> to an XML-ish syntax) we'll look for ways to make it more consistent.

I've been vaguely thinking about Next Generation DTML myself recently --
DTML is nice and powerful but it can get confusing in the corners.
Coincidentally I've been reading up on XML as well.

If you people get serious about doing NG-DTML I think people in the
group would like to contribute/interfere in the design, at least I
would. :) Am I right in assuming that one could use DTML and NG-DTML in
parallel in the same Zope database, if one defined a NGDTML (ugh :)
Document/Method product? That would be a nice way to do some
experimental development.

Regards,

Martijn