[Zope] Me again, sorry for the trouble!

John Eikenberry John Eikenberry <jae@kavi.com>
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:32:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Tom Deprez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yep, me again, that pesky person with it's dumb questions. Sorry, about
> these questions, but I want to know everything and because nobody around me
> knows something of this stuff, I've to ask you... hope you don't mind too
> much. If you do, please say!

No prob... I asked probably about 2-3 questions a day for the first few
weeks with bobo. :)

> Ok, reading the docs and getting your explenations I see that the choice of
> database (relational or object oriented) depends on the sort of data to
> store. Well, I don't get this fully... Suppose we've this data to store :

Go with the object database. Object databases are easier to code with,
maintain, and map to the web. IMO, Zope's support for relational databases
is for backwards compatibility and to help convince the bosses. At the
moment, relational databases are better suited for huge amounts of data
(when compared to zope's current db). But I think this will be changing in
the near future with the new version of BoboPOS.

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@kavi.com - http://taos.kavi.com/~jae/]
 will deserve neither and lose both."