[Zope] What am I doing wrong?

Tom Deprez Tom.Deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:36:48 +0200

>If you view the source of the page with the error, you will see
>something like
>
>name error: age
>
>This means that there is no variable being passed to the CheckInput page
>called age.

The strange thing is that I didn't received such an error... only, this
website has some problems...

>In the input page, there is a simple HTML error that can be fixed.
>
><input age="age:int" type="text">
>
>should be <input name="age:int" type="text">

blush, blush....

>With these fixes, it works like a charm.

Okidoki, After chaging some thingies

Renamed names to input... because 'name' is used by Zope.
Put #if expr ="" (used expr, because without it I got errors)

Still I've three problems :

1. This part is the one :

 when checkbox 'inputhumour' is checked everything works fine. If it
isn't---> error (the site is currently experiencing ..... )

<!--#if expr="inputhumour"-->
  Great day isn't it?
 <!--#else-->
  Did you had a bad day?
<!--#/if-->

 inputhumour==true or inputhumour=1 gives also problems...

2. If the age is wrong (<0 or >120) I let the user go back to the form.
Problem: the values are gone. How can I let the user go back so that
his/her entered values are still there?

3. If the user has entered text in the form, I get a form explaining that
it has to be an integer. Can I intercept this and show my own page (other
language, more info,...)

Pfew,... I'm almost there.....

Is there somebody still willing to help this dumb person?

Thanks.