[Zope] Linux Expo - Community Portals - The future

Robert O'Connor Robert O'Connor" <bob@rocnet.com
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:26:38 -0400

On Apr 7th Paul Everitt wrote:

>We are focusing on Linux Expo (May 18-22, www.linuxexpo.org) as a focus
>point for us where a number of things are going to come together:
>... 1) I'll be giving a speech on the business track about Open Source...
>... 3) We'll have a booth there.

*Are any Zopesters or DigiCool folks going to Linux Expo?
The only note from the Zope list: Tom Jenkins is going.

> ...2) We are working with a professional PR firm (read: expensive) to
> coordinate a branding overhaul and PR push.  We are positioning Zope as
> an application server focusing on community portals...
> ...our portal story (such as Membership, Catalog, etc.) will land...
> ...brand of the company is "unleashing potential"...

*What are the "Community Portal" specs?
*Who is working on this project?
*Is this an above the line or a below the line project?

I've been participating on this ZOPE list which
is the "Zope community".   Would this new portal
product be beneficial to current ZOPE members
as users of the product?
=>Lets "unleash the potential" and go kinetic!

> 4) We are coordinating some software efforts to coincide with the show.
> For instance, beta1 of Zope2 will be ready by then, knock on wood.

Great.  Today I look forward to 1.11.

> 5) I certainly expect the zope.org site and the digicool.com site to be
> overhauled by then.

Good Idea 'cause the Digicool is still promoting the Dec 4th Zope 1.9

> 6) Apparently we're on the PowerTools CD for RedHat 6.0 which I imagine
> will be launched during the show.

I assume that this is the 1.10.2 version

> As part of the PR push we need some of you out there to ride the wave
> with us and give us some case studies.  This is both crucial for Zope
> and a great benefit to you!

*What are the current case studies being worked on?

-Bob OConnor bob@rocnet.com