[Zope] Zope and Editors

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 10:46:55 -0400

XEmacs EFS syntax: /user@machine#port:/path.
Emacs ange-ftp syntax:/user@machine{Hit cntrl-q, then space}port:/path

> * Zope has Webdav support - does emacs? IE5 does (well, if
> you read the
>   zope-checkins list and see Brian's commit messages, IE5 sorta has
>   webdav support)

Ahh, WebDAV.  One _big_ problem is that the stupid clients always hand
you the _rendered_ version of an object, even though the spec provides
for getting the source.  Sigh.

We've considered a workaround where you could launch a Zope on a
different port number and automatically get the source versions when you
visited a document.

> * Netscape's HTML textarea widget has some limited number of emacs
>   keybindings. This is what I use, because I hate the full emacs with

Well, _now_ you've sunk your credibility. :^)

>   a passion. If mozilla allowed me to embed nvi (the OneTrueVi) into
>   a html textarea widget, I'd be a happy bunny :)

For those that care, I _believe_ Mozilla is going to use Ender (their
HTML and plaintext editor) as the widget for TEXTAREAs and INPUT
areas...or at least provide some option to turn this on.  With the new
HTML-tag experimental syntax in Zope2, it provides some interesting
options.

> * You could write something that let you edit text files, and batch
>   uploaded (either via ftp, or via the Zope Client interface) the
>   files.
>
> Anyone else got other bits to add?

Yes, but I'll presume you meant anything _intelligent_ to add, so I'll
sign off. :^)

--Paul