[Zope] Creating a New Object Type - Use ZClass or Python?

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 18:36:47 -0400

Michael wrote:
> What is the roadmap post-2.0? are you going to do 2.x
> releases, or will you save
> up most changes for a 3.0 release after another long alpha period?

Gosh no.  We feel pretty bad making you guys wait so long between 1.10.x
and the next release, then throwing so much new stuff into 2.0 that it
took a long time to get out.

I predict frequent bug fix releases and small feature changes focused on
making things easier to use.  Another area we might revisit quickly is
jacking up performance.  _Hopefully_ we'll avoid doing major stuff in
the Zope release itself for at least a few months, thus giving plenty of
time to bake what's there now.

As for this particular thread, I personally would like to see ZClasses
become well within reach of "content managers" instead of being only in
the realm of developers.  People say that SQL is hard to use, but right
now doing a ZClass project is harder.

--Paul