[Zope] External Methods

Stephan Richter SRichter@ixl.com
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:12:16 -0500

You have a good point, but I had Cold Fusion training and I think Cold Fusion
is very limiting.
I am working for iXL (as you can see on my email address), one of the five
largest Web programming companies, and we have fuss about Cold Fusion all the
time. I believe that we as professional web developers should be able to speak
a real programming language such as Python. When I write a web page i want to
do everything I need to do.
Another point is, that tasks never get easier. Just imagine a client comes back
half a year after deployment and tells you that you increased his revenue by
400% and he now wants a new feature. I saw it happen, that the developer was
unable to accomplish that because Cold Fusion (same for similar products) did
not do it, and usually these type of programmers do not know enough to write
DLLs. How bad does that look in front of a client?

I try not to start a war called Zope vs. Cold Fusion. I just try to lay out
some facts. :)

stephan

--
Stephan Richter