[Zope] Zope Lockups

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:36:18 -0400

Hmm.. the _on_delete_object protocol in 1.10.3 sounds fishy.  I've had
problems with infinite looping with that hook that we fixed in 2.0b1.
You might not be using what we would consider the 'right' code.  In my
particular situation, I had an object that defined an on delete style
hook that was broken (because I broke the python below it), and thus
rendered unpickleable, however, I could send Zope into an infinite loop
by trying to delete that object, which caused it to acquire it's
containers on delete hook, which tried to notify all it's subobjects of
the pending delete, which caused the broken object to acquire it's
containers on delete hook, which caused it to notify all it's subobjects
of the pending delete.....

Use the debugger to recreate your request in the python interpreter.
This will allow you to break it with a control-c to see where it's
looping.

-Michel