[Zope] ZServer vs. Apache

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 22:16:34 +0200

>2) Does ZServer do multihoming? I'd be happy to drop apache if I could get multiple sites to run from a single port on a single box.

Indeed, there's the thousand dollar question. At the moment, it seems
to me that I'm forced to use Apache, mod_rewrite, and PCGI to
accomplish:

- my site in a zope subfolder "oses"
- being accessible as www.oses.org.

It seems to me that this should be the default setup (I have experienced
numerous problems when eg. /index_html is not correct - it stops the
management screens from working, so I moved everything to a subdirectory),
and somehow ZServer should support this...

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>