[Zope] Date and Time

Joe Grace occam@serv.net
Mon, 09 Aug 1999 21:22:19 -0700

Dear Zopistas,

is there a subtle trick to using date and time from a folder property or
using the
fmt="%[A-Za-z]" options?  When I use

    &dtml-var "_[ 'sequence-item'].date" fmt="aCommon";

the date and time shows me the date and time according to the local
timezone
(Pacific Standard Time) just as I need it.  However, when I use

    &dtml-var "_[ 'sequence-item'].date" fmt="%a %m/%d %x %X %c";
fmt="aCommon"

all the dates and times are 7 hours ahead (GMT?).  I'm looking at the
python module docs
(http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-time.html) and wondering
why I can't
extract the correct information according to the local timezone (as
fmt="aCommon"
seems to do).

Am I doing something wrong or just plain overlooking something?  Any
Zope Zen
hint(s) would be appreciated!

Thanks,

= Joe =