[Zope] Win 32 installation question...

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 18:04:46 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Arnaud Lecat wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was wondering if I could install the new beta over and over the same
> installation
> or if I must uninstall old version for installing new version (in this
> case will I lose
> my current project) ?
>
> Other question... What must I do if I want to setup two sites using Zope
> ? Make
> two install in different directories ?

Answering several questions at once... all the data in your Zope site is
stored in a file called Data.fs.  By copying this file into another
directory, removing Zope, installing the new one and then replacing
Data.fs you can preserve your data between upgrades.

The same technique can be used to have two sites.  Simply use cmdline
options to select which you wish to use.

> How can I change the port which is used (8080) by server ?
the -p option I believe

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder