[Zope] Can't see traceback for broken product

Tim Vetter tvetter@ibm.net
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 22:09:45 -0400

Folks,

A few days into Zope now, and it looks darn
impressive. Unfortunately my ISP runs Apache
and won't set up the rewriteengine config or
recompile to allow authentication pass-through,
so I'm trying to set up cookie-based authentication
using the etcUserFolder product.

Control Panel shows the product as broken; the docs
lead me to expect that when I click on that link
it'll take me to a traceback. Instead I get the
"Z Object Publishing Environment Help" frameset!
Weird, eh?

I'm a newbie pretty much dead in the water not
knowing how to proceed with debugging the broken
product if I can't see the traceback ... any help
would be appreciated.

(running Zope 2.0b1 on FreeBSD in case it matters).

Thanks,

Tim
Washington, DC