[Zope] Keeping a connection

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:53:42 +0200

At 02:08 16/08/99 , Sven Kirmess wrote:
>   Hi everybody
>
>   Is it possible to save some data and keep it for the whole visit of
>   the page?
>
>   I'd like to save e.g. if frames are used or not and every page
>   should be able to evaluate this var (e.g. frames=true or false).
>
>   Is that possible with Zope or not?

Zope is a Web Application server, runs HTTP, and HTTP is a connectionless,
thus stateless protocol. But you can ask the client to store some
information for you, and to present that information every time it returns
to your server: cookies. See the DTML guide for more detail son cookies.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer