[Zope] Keeping a connection

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:29:40 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Sven Kirmess wrote:

> Monday, August 16, 1999, 10:53:42 AM, Martijn wrote:
>
> > Zope is a Web Application server, runs HTTP, and HTTP is a connectionless,
> > thus stateless protocol. But you can ask the client to store some
> > information for you, and to present that information every time it returns
> > to your server: cookies. See the DTML guide for more detail son cookies.
>
>   Unfortunateli cookies aren't a solution becourse too much people
>   deactive them...

See the discussion a bit earlier about auto-generating query strings.  I
think the safest way is to auto-wrap the session onto every url - that way
you don't need to worry about the user aborting 1/2 way through the
session.  Thats why I suggested it the way I did - server blobs can be a
nightmare if ppl abort 1/2 way thru

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder