[Zope] RE:Giving up in frustration

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 21:46:29 -0400

Francisco Sam Castillo wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have read the previous discussion about FAQ and Doc's for Zope and the
> Idea of using Zope it's self as a tool to describe it's inner most secrets
> and methods of magicn is great, I also read about the intention to develop a
> new tool for Zope to describe and generate such fruits, and I most warn that
> I am not to much of an expert, in fact I am just trying to learn and believe
> strongly on the Idea of Zope even when I do not fully comprehend it's inner
> workings, I do have an Idea, Why not use Squishdot Product?. This cud be
> very productive and easy to do, some one whould host the project set up
> Squishdot (30 sec.) then it just remains to generate as many categories as
> needed to cover the diferent aspects of Zope It's self (like an Index), then
> user would only go to this site hosting Squisdot for Zope Faq and docs team,
> and would select a category meaning a chapter or subchapter or to ad an
> annotation or example or even some code as Squisdot allows to attach files,
> etc. this cud be a knowledge base with search and reorder features, and cud
> be anotated or admin with the inherit power of Zope....
>
> Well this is my Idea hope it serves of some good...

Then I volunteer you and Butch and whomever you can recrute to create a
squisdot somewhere with the intention of eventually importing it into
the new zope site.  Throw the ZDP people at it, bootstrap it with some
content, get some squishdot testing and proven stability, and we will
put it online.  We can even link to it from the default Zope content.

In the back of your mind you may be thinking that Squisdot is not quite
the right model for the problem and you may be right.  But right now
it's better than both the current method (the vast expanse of mail list
archives) and the Collector for this, while Tracker is still in the
oven.  We can always worry about converting squishdot data in to Tracker
data at a later time.

-Michel

-Michel