[Zope] Documentation issues

Tim Wilson wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:35:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Anthony Pfrunder wrote:

> We need to build a sample site which contains all the usual bits-n-pieces
> that people need.  I've got one and I'll cut out the data & stuff I
> cannot release and put it on my webpage (next week).
>
> We need:
> 	* Simple session management
> 	* Example of OBDC data connection to spreadsheet / database
> 	* Example of Squishdot style layouts (ie a generic 3 column
> layout with drop boxes for content)
> 	* Example of using external / Zclass methods
> 	* Rendering XML to XHTML (merge with url session management?)

Let me second that motion. I'm just starting with Zope and I would love to
see more examples to study.

Also, someone was suggesting and index/glossary of variables, dtml
commands and  such. This would also be extremely handy for those of us who
are still in the process of figuring out what is possible with Zope, let
alone how to do it.

Further, I agree with the person who suggested a thoughtful reorganization
of the existing Zope docs. I know there's a lot of good work there, but I
struggle to find what I need. Exactly what makes it difficult to use is
difficult to say, but certainly adding search capabilities would help.

BTW, I am having a great time learning Zope. I'm envious of you
experienced Zope users out there.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/