[Zope] ANN: A SQLPackage

Paolo Bizzarri p.bizzarri@icube.it
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:52:49 +0200

> P.S. If anyone has good working examples of updating database records using
> ZSQL Methods, don't be shy, they will be much appreciated (at least by one
> person on this list :-).
> ted by paying customers
> > (at least IMHO).

Hi Zopers,

for my work with Zope, covering the development of
tools that interacts quite heavily with SQL dbs, I
have written a set of DTML +SQL Methods that
allows to build the basic of a
insert/update/delete interface.

It is quite nice, as it allows you to use the same
form to create and modify a record (so you have to
write only one form), and basically you have never
to write SQL. It is magically acquired on the fly.

The problem is twofold:

a) it is undocumented :---(

b) it is in Italian :------(.

However, if someone is interested, I will make it
available somehow.

Let me know what you think.

Paolo

--
Paolo Bizzarri - Responsabile Marketing  I3 Icube
Srl