[Zope] Server specs.

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:32:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Tom Deprez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Regarding the comments I received, we decided to use following
> configuration for server.
>
> The server is connected on the intranet. It will run Zope, PostGresSQL
> (because I don't know if SyBase new versions will be free too) on Linux,
> RedHat 6.0
>
> We've about 2000 Pc's which can have access to Zope
> OS are Macintosh or Windows
>
> About 150 (at the moment PowerMacs, later on NT) will run intensive queries
> on the server.
> These 150 should get the results very fast.
>
> About 500-600 will ask less intensive requests.
>
> The server has the privelage that it may be down for some time. So no
> expensive  HD systems. However, the data is important and needs to be
> backuped.
How much data?

> Specs :
>
> Pentium II : 400-450 Mhz
> Memory : 256 MB SDRAM (probably ECC)
> Hard-disk : >25GB
>
> Backup :
>
> * Now: Data doesn't change too much, we also need to make CD demonstrations :
Well, the problem here is, that CD demonstrations would have to include
python, Zope, etc. included, and would need to startup a ZOPE Server at
the PC that is doing the demonstration, right?

> HP CD Rewriter (Does someone know about compatibility problems of these
> writers  with Linux RedHat 6.0?)
See the Linux documentation project, CD Writing HOWTO, it includes an link
to the cdrecord homepage.

> * Later, when system needs to be frequently updated ( > 1, 1.5 year from now)
>
> Does someone knows some supported backup systems for RedHat 6.0?
tar? Additional benefit: Portable to all other Unixes ;)

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +43/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256