[Zope] HD

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:12:11 +0200

IDE/ATAPI drive? Unless money is really tight, don't go for anything but
SCSI. SCSI is a much more flexible solution, and generally faster, less
CPU-intensive, and more compatible.

(Your mileage may vary; personally I have no experience with how well
UltraDMA works on Linux. It may be dandy for all I know.)

Traditionally SCSI drives have been more advanced than their IDE/ATAPI
counterparts because they have been made to sit in servers. Compare the
MTBFs on a typical IDE drive with that of a SCSI drive and you'll easily
spot which one was "built to last".

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"QED?" said Russell.